Approximately 3,900 words in total, refer to CIPD word count policy.
You work for a large organisation that has just completed a restructure of its people function. You work in the resourcing team having previously specialised in employment relations. Your new manager is an experienced resourcing specialist and is delivering a webinar at a forthcoming CIPD branch event. The event is popular, with many bookings made. When participants make a booking, they are asked to include questions they would like answers to.
Your manager is keen to develop your knowledge of talent management and workforce planning and has asked you to prepare full written answers to the 15 questions the participants have raised. The questions are varied, and you want to impress your new manager with your answers as well as your ability to independently research any areas you are unfamiliar with. The questions will be answered during the webinar, so it is important your answers are focused, clear and concise.
In addition, you should make appropriate use of academic theory and practical examples to expand your responses and illustrate key points. Please ensure that any references and sources drawn upon are acknowledged correctly and supported by a bibliography.
To help the reader, please make use of headings and assessment criteria references to signpost the assessment criteria being addressed.
The 15 questions follow:
1. How can organisations strategically position themselves in competitive labour markets? (AC 1.1)
2. What is the impact of changing labour market conditions on resourcing decisions? (AC 1.2)
3. What is the role of government, employers and trade unions in ensuring future skills needs are met? (AC 1.3)
4. I am new to people practice and have heard that workforce planning is important. Before I try to convince others of this, I welcome the views of someone with more experience. Could you analyse the impact of effective workforce planning? (AC 2.1)
5. I want to introduce workforce planning in my organisation but I’m unsure which technique/s to use. Could you evaluate the techniques used to support the process of workforce planning? (AC 2.2)
6. Could you explain two approaches to succession and contingency planning aimed at mitigating workforce risks? (AC 2.3)
7. I tend to advertise all vacancies on our organisation’s website, then managers interview applicants. I would like to consider other recruitment and selection methods. Could you briefly assess the strengths and weaknesses of these methods as well as one other recruitment method and one other selection method? (AC 2.4)
8. I am aware employee turnover rates vary from one organisation to another but what turnover and retention trends exist and what factors influence why people choose to leave or remain? (AC 3.1)
9. I want to compare different approaches to developing and retaining talent on an individual and group level? Could you give me some pointers? (AC 3.2)
10. Could you evaluate approaches that an organisation can take to build and support different talent pools? (AC 3.3)
11. Could you evaluate two benefits of diversity in building and supporting talent pools? (AC 3.4).
12. I am trying to persuade managers in my organisation to take employee turnover more seriously but have been unsuccessful. Could you explain the impact associated with dysfunctional employee turnover? (AC 3.5)
13. Could you assess suitable types of contractual arrangements dependent on specific workforce need. (AC 4.1)
14. I have heard there are different types of terms in contracts – surely a term is a term. Can you differentiate between express terms and implied terms? (AC 4.2)
15. Could you explain the components and two benefits of effective onboarding? (AC 4.3)
“You can order 5HR02 Talent management and workforce planning Assignment from our service and can get a completely high-quality custom paper. Our service offers any of the 5HR02 Academic paper written from scratch, according to all customers’ requirements, expectations and highest standards.”