ASS110-2 Research 1 : Collecting Data – A plan for primary data collection
Unit code: ASS110-2
Unit Title: Research 1: Collecting Data
Assignment title: A plan for primary data collection
Size or length of assessment 2,000 words
Unit learning outcomes:
1. Demonstrate the following knowledge and understanding: Recognise and understand the different methods of collecting data in quantitative and qualitative research approaches; the basis of selecting methods of data collection and understand the ethics underpinning the collection of data.
2. Demonstrate the following skills and abilities: Able to choose a method of collecting data that is appropriate to answer a research question. The ability to identify to ethical principles that underpin the respective methods of data collection chosen.
What am I required to do in this assignment?
Assessment 1 is a 2000 word primary data collection plan. You are expected to choose one of the five broad topic areas provided, specify a social group, develop a specific research question for primary research relating to the chosen topic area, discuss the methods of data collection and ethics, and create a topic guide, a discussion guide or a questionnaire (depending on your choice of research methods).
The five topics areas are as follows (you must choose one and link the topic to a social group of your choice):
1. Social media
3. Care (including health care, social care, formal care, informal care)
4. Mental health
5. Crime and Justice
Students must include the following sections in their data collection plan:
• Research question, background and rationale – a research question relating to the chosen topic area and a specific social group, background and rationale (500 words)
• Method of data collection and ethics – you must choose one of three methods as your method of data collection: semi-structured interviews, focus groups or a survey. You must discuss in detail your research approaches, the method you chose, the rationale for choosing the method, sampling strategy and ethics (1,000 words).
• Data collection tools – a comprehensive topic guide (an interview guide) OR a focus group discussion guide OR a survey questionnaire depending on your chosen method (500 words)
“You can order ASS110-2 Research 1 : Collecting Data Assessment from our service and can get a completely high-quality custom paper. Our service offers any of the ASS110-2 Academic paper written from scratch, according to all customers’ requirements, expectations and highest standards.”