Module Code: CIS7031
Module Subject: Programming for Data Analysis
Assessment Title: Develop and evaluate a prediction model using various data science techniques
This assessment is designed to demonstrate a student’s completion of the following Learning Outcomes:
- Critically analyse and evaluate various statistical and computational techniques for analysing datasets and determine the most appropriate technique for a business problem;
- Critically evaluate, develop and implement solutions for processing datasets and solving complex problems in various environments using relevant programming paradigms;
- Evaluate and apply key steps and issues involved in data preparation, cleaning, exploring, creating, optimizing and evaluating models;
- Evaluate and apply aspects of data science applications and their use.
The Cardiff Met EDGE supports students in graduating with the knowledge, skills, and attributes that allow them to contribute positively and effectively to the communities in which they live and work.
This module assessment provides opportunities for students to demonstrate development of the following EDGE Competencies:
|ETHICAL||Students will be required to consider Ethical implication of|
|their analysis and follow the necessary ethical approval|
|processes while addressing problems associated with the|
|DIGITAL||Students will be required to demonstrate digital skills in the|
|collation of data and analysis for their project.|
|GLOBAL||Students will demonstrate an awareness of the global|
|context and apply this to their assessment|
|ENTREPRENEURIAL||Students will also demonstrate their developed|
|entrepreneurial through working under their own initiative,|
|formulating and presenting recommendations in order to|
|solve an authentic and complex problem associated with|
Assessment Requirements / Tasks (include all guidance notes)
For this assignment you are asked to analyse, develop and evaluate a prediction model using any dataset of your choice and critically analyse the various techniques used. Although you can choose the dataset, it needs to be approved by the teaching team. The work will involve steps for data preparation, cleaning and exploring the dataset. You also need to compile a report containing the following sections.
- Analysis and interpretation of results
- Critical review of the techniques used (3000 words approx.)
- Reflect upon your experience
- A short (less than 5 minutes) video summarizing the key points of your coursework. This video will be a useful addition to your Personal Development Portfolio and will help you when applying for jobs. You can create this video using CAM Studio or some other screen capture software such as recordMyDesktop (works only on Linux). Please note that you need to upload your video to Moodle and include a youtube link in report.
- Include relevant references to the source materials, techniques and tools used.
“You can order CIS7031 – Programming for Data Analysis Assignment from our service and can get a completely high-quality custom paper. Our service offers any of the CIS7031 Academic paper written from scratch, according to all customers’ requirements, expectations and highest standards.”
100% Plagiarism Free
24X7 Customer Support
Leave A Comment