NSG 3101 – ASSESSMENT 3
“DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS” – ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY OF JOURNAL ARTICLES.
LENGTH – 1000 WORDS
This assessment aligns to the following curriculum learning outcome.
LO: explore the communication frameworks and techniques used when discussing life limiting illness, end of life care, advanced care planning, the dying process and voluntary assisted dying for diverse populations.
This assessment explores the “difficult conversations” that nurses are often required to have with patients experiencing chronic, complex and life threatening/ending conditions. These conversations are not only with the patients but also with family members/carers and will encompass many diverse populations and circumstances.
The following articles will enable you to explore these discussions and the techniques used to convey often distressing or unexpected news.
- You are required to read the following three articles – full copies of the articles can be found under assessments tab on Brightspace for you to print out.
- You are required to write an annotation (a summary in your own words) of each article – approximately 300 words per annotation (submitted in the one document with heading for each article) to demonstrate your understanding of the article and its relevance to the topic.
- The annotation must be in your own words it is not acceptable to use the abstract of the article to answer the questions below you must demonstrate that you have read and understood each article.
The Summary should include the following:
- Title and authors of the article using APA referencing style. This will be the heading for your annotation
- Outline of the aim/purpose of the research – the research question or hypothesis – what were they looking at or hoping to discover and why?
- What population group was the research focusing on? Where were the research participants recruited from and what were the demographics of the group?
- What method was used to collect the data for the research? How was data collected and analysed? Was the method appropriate for the type of study?
- Summary of the results – What did the research find? Did it achieve the aim of the research or answer the research question adequately? What were the most important findings?
- Discussion/conclusion – What conclusion did the authors draw from the results? What are the implications of the results? Are there any important limitations e.g. where the results conclusive, was the population too small etc? What were the strengths of the article, e.g., charts and graphs that helped you understand the data? Are there any key recommendations, does the article suggest more research is needed etc?
- Reflection – Once you have completed your annotations you are required to reflect on which article you felt would be of benefit to you or added to your knowledge base as a student nurse regarding “difficult conversations” in healthcare and why it would be advantageous to you in your nursing career– 100 word.
“You can order NSG 3101 – ASSESSMENT 3 – DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS from our service and can get a completely high-quality custom paper. Our service offers any of the NSG 3101 Academic paper written from scratch, according to all customers’ requirements, expectations and highest standards.”
100% Plagiarism Free
24X7 Customer Support
Leave A Comment