NSG 3101 Nursing Care C – Living with chronic, complex illness and disability.
Assessment 2- Group Report
This assessment is divided into two parts, Part A – Written submission and Part B – Group presentation (with documented minutes of group meetings)
Part A – Comprises a 3000-word group report (each member of the group will contribute 1000 words – Sections 1,2, or 3 as per assessment instructions below).
Individual 1000 word report
Part B – Group video presentation of complete report (combined individual sections) –
10-minute online presentation
This assessment aligns to the following curriculum learning outcomes.
LO 2. Utilise the National Health Priorities and the National Strategic Framework for Chronic Conditions to discuss the care that nurses provide to people with chronic conditions
LO 6. Evaluate the burden chronic, complex illness and disability has on the healthcare system and identify possible future improvements
LO 7. Critically reflect on the role of the registered nurse in care coordination, interprofessional care and communication for persons with chronic, complex illness and disability
ASSESSMENT OVERVIEW AND REQUIREMENTS –
“National Health Priority Areas (NHPAs) were established in response to the World Health Organization’s Global Strategy of Health for All by the year 2000 and sought to focus public attention and health policy on these areas that were considered to contribu te significantly to the burden of disease in Australia” AIHW (2018). The NHPAs currently consist of nine priority areas in relation to health and chronic disease.
To demonstrate your understanding of the National Health Priority Areas in relation to chronic disease you are required to complete Parts A & B of this assessment as outlined below.
PART A WRITTEN REPORT
Part A of this assessment requires you to work collaboratively in groups of 3. Each member of the group will work individually on either section 1,2 or 3 to produce a 1000-word document which will form part of the overall presentation report. Which member of the group does which section is up to you as a group to decide.
Your individual report must be evidence-based, use current literature and use APA 7th referencing style. A minimum of 10 references is required and references must be no older than 5 years except if required they come from required or recommended textbooks.
You will need to research, identify and discuss the following in your report:
Each group member will respond to one section only.
Section 1 & 3 relate to chronic disease generally you are not required to discuss an individual chronic condition.
Section 2 requires you to choose one chronic condition to use as a example for your discussion.
Section 1 – The Australian National Health Priorities This section should include-
- Discussion of the Australian National Health Priorities, when were they formulated and why?
- An outline of the priority areas in relation to chronic conditions and prevalence of disease in each relevant chronic disease priority area using current data and statistics to support your discussion.
- A brief discussion of the National Strategic framework for chronic illness used to coordinate management of Chronic Disease in Australia.
Section 2 –The burden of chronic disease in the Australian context.
Use a chronic condition listed in the NHPA’s as an example to base your discussion on.
This section should include –
- Discussion of the condition, aetiology and risk factors associated with it.
- Brief discussion re the impact on people with this condition, i.e. physical, emotional, financial, risk of premature death or injury etc.
- Outline of the burden of disease related to your chosen condition in Australia today using statistics and data to highlight impact according to age, gender, culture, environment etc.
Section 3 -The nursing implications now and into the future regarding the burden of disease and the role of the nurse in chronic illness management.
This section should include-
- Discussion of the nursing implications (the nursing-related consequences) in relation to the increasing burden of disease. What does this mean when caring for people with chronic and complex conditions in the acute setting generally and in the future?
- Discussion of the role of the nurse and the multi-disciplinary team in chronic illness management.
- Discussion of the clinical nursing implications (nursing related consequences) related to caring for someone with more than one chronic, complex condition (multi – morbidities). What things does the nurse need to take into consideration.
PART B – 10 MINUTE VIDEO PRESENTATION
Part B of this assessment requires you to prepare and present the total report (Section 1,2,
- 3) in an online format of your choice, i.e., recorded PowerPoint presentation, YouTube presentation, mp4, zoom etc with all students discussing their section of the report in the presentation. On completion of your presentation upload into the respective drop box on Brightspace.
It is expected that all members of the group will contribute equally to the video presentation and present their individual part of the report. Part B will be marked as a group and all members of the group will receive the same mark. It is also expected that you will meet regularly (a minimum of 3 meetings) to discuss plan and prepare your presentation and brief minutes relating to meetings be documented in a word document. The word document needs to be submitted with the video presentation.
“You can order NSG 3101 Nursing Care C – Living with chronic, complex illness and disability Assignment from our service and can get a completely high-quality custom paper. Our service offers any of the NSG 3101 Academic paper written from scratch, according to all customers’ requirements, expectations and highest standards.”
100% Plagiarism Free
24X7 Customer Support
Leave A Comment