This assessment addresses the following learning outcomes:
1. Critically examine various research designs, in observation and experimental studies
2. Understand the difference between association and causation, statistical and public health significance
3. Critically evaluate epidemiological studies, including potential for bias, confounding and chance errors
This assessment requires you to apply the knowledge and skills gained in all the modules to undertake a critical appraisal. You will need to appraise 3 articles of a topic and research question given to you by your facilitator.
To prepare for this assignment
1. Search the library database to find three primary research articles with different study designs that the research question given by your facilitator. For instance, you could include case control, cohort and RCTs. These studies do not have to prove their hypothesis or agree with each other. Please note that marks will be deducted if all identified papers are of similar study design.
2. Please note that you must clearly give the title of the reserach papers that you will include for critical appraisal in this assessment.
3. Briefly explain how you found the three articles for critical appraisal, including the databases you used and the search strategy/keywords you searched with. Also mention which checklist you used to critically appraise three different study design articles.
4. Critically appraise all three articles you found. Your answers are to be written in the tables provided to you which was based on CASP checklist and other types of checklist. You must go through the HINTS to every question in the CASP and other relevant checklist before writing your answers in the template.
5. In the tables provided in the template, you are required to answer either “Yes”, “No”, “Unclear”.
6. For each of the answer of “Yes”, “No” or “Unclear”, you will need to provide the “Evidence” that you found in the article to support your answers.
7. For each of the “Evidence”, you will need to critically appraise stating your justification, compare and contrasting or/and providing solution.
“You can order PUBH6005_Assessment Brief 3 from our service and can get a completely high-quality custom paper. Our service offers any of the PUBH6005 Academic paper written from scratch, according to all customers’ requirements, expectations and highest standards.”