T/618/5032 / Level 4/ 15
Unit 1: Business and the Business Environment
Retail Industry analysis
Unit Learning Outcomes
LO1. Explain the different types, sizes, and scope of organisations.
LO2. Demonstrate the interrelationship of the various functions within an organisation and how they link to organisational structure.
LO3. Use contemporary examples to demonstrate both the positive and negative influence/ impact the macro environment has on business operations.
LO4. Determine the internal strengths and weaknesses of specific businesses and their interrelationship with external macro factors.
Assignment activity and guidance:
The Covid –19 pandemic changes the dimension of shopping habits for millions of people. People now focus more on online shopping than physical visits to their local retail supermarket. Many new online-only supermarkets started their business in recent years. As a new Junior strategist of a renowned online-only supermarket, you are assigned to prepare an Academic paper on the UK Retail industry. Your academic paper should cover a critical discussion of different types of business organisations – with an evaluation of different environmental factors and their impacts on organisational decision-making. The academic paper should equally cover the following aspects:
- An introduction to the UK retail industry.
- Critical discussion on all three types of organizations in the market. Your discussion should focus on their purpose, legal structure, size, and scope. It should also cover how they are linked to organizational mission, vision, and, business objectives.
- Examine the various business functions in one organization and create an organisational chart to explore the interrelationships between the different functions.
- Analysis to show how internal departments, for example, finance and marketing – work together to meet business objectives. Additionally, highlight how interrelationships are defined by thestructure of the organisation by presenting their advantages and disadvantages.
- Impact analysis of different business structures and the interrelationships between internal departments in successfully fulfilling overall business objectives.
- A PESTLE analysis to identify positive and negative impacts of external factors and their influence on its business objectives and decision.
- A SWOT analysis to explore and explain the organisation’s internal strengths and weaknesses as a company.
- Critical analysis of both the micro and macro factors and how they are interrelated with the strengths and weaknesses of the organisation. Thereafter, determine whether the organisation should proceed with their expansion plans, presented as conclusions and recommendations.
100% Plagiarism Free
24X7 Customer Support
Leave A Comment